ALEA JACTA EST *
Roman Civil Wars
* Alea Jacta Est is Latin for « The Die is Cast ». The quote is attributed to Caesar when he commented his decision to cross the Rubico in 49 BC, hereby starting the most famous Roman civil war…
Features: the game enjoys most of the features and improvement from previous AGEOD games, plus some brand new specific features:
- Ancient Command and Supply System (based on the Wars in America system), allowing for a good representation of historical army command in the Roman era.
- Quick and simple system of Construction of Units, allowing players to choose and purchase their forces as they wish (or can) during the annual and grand campaigns.
- Decisions features, playable on the map, like wild cards assets
- Diversified set of historical events, allowing multiple choices events and options, hereby enhancing flexibility and re-playability.
- Different updates and other rules, in particular combat system adapted to the Ancient warfare and Sieges.
- Map: all of the Roman Empire and neighboring lands, with over 2800 different regions and seas, giving a lot of room for maneuvers.
- Over a thousand of new leaders (main leaders have individual portraits) and hundreds units with accurate pictures.
Scenarios: five scenarios, starting 87 BC till 200 AD, including the well-known “Caesar vs. Pompey” civil war between 50 and 40 BC, or the infamous “Year of the Four Emperors 68 AD”. Scenarios vary in length from a few months to quite a few years (in a monthly turn scale)
Languages: The game will be released in French, English, Spanish and German; including a full 80 pages manual. Translations were provided by expert players and gamers well-known from the AGEOD forums.
Release: Pre-Order on August 25th, 2012. Release date set at September 22nd, 2012
Price: 19.99€ / $ 19.99 / £ 19.99
The Team: the original team that created AJE consists of Bohémond, El Nino and GPepper (artworks), all forums veterans and AGE experts. In addition, a few key forumites here gave them help and assistance in finalizing the game…Can’t name them all, but they are from the most experienced of our players.